Children will find many things to play with around your home or outside in the garden, in parks and playgrounds. These can include things like pots and pans to put things in and pour with, rocks to climb, everyday clothes to dress up in, gardening tools.
Follow your child’s current interests and encourage creative play by offering the following:
- paper to draw on and various drawing materials (pencils, textas, crayons and paints)
- dress-ups, dolls, puppets and toy animals
- sandpits, water and mud
- things to push, pull and ride on (e.g., cars and trucks, wagons and tricycles)
- containers of all shapes and sizes
- playdough and clay
- musical instruments
- bats and balls
- songs, stories and books.
For more information click here.