Children’s Resources on Wheels is a non-profit organization with two main streams of service:
EarlyON Child and Family Centre and Licensed Home Child Care.
Playgroups start September 4, 2018!
Fall playgroups start on September 4, 2018. There are changes to our playgroup locations this year, so please check out the calendar for our schedule. Some changes include the following:
- Almonte playgroups will be held on Monday and Tuesday at Naismith Memorial Public School and Wednesday and Thursday at R. Tait McKenzie Public School.
- On Monday and Wednesday playgroups in Carleton Place will be at the Carleton Place Arena.
- Also, on Monday an additional playgroup has been added to the Carleton Place area which will be held at Caldwell Street Public School
- On Tuesday and Thursday playgroups in Carleton Place will be at Caldwell Street Public School.
- The first two weeks of September (week of Sept 3 and Sept 10) all Perth Playgroups will be at the Perth & District Union Public Library. Playgroup will start at 9 a.m. and then from 9:30 to 10:00 a.m. Story time will take place and then playgroup resumes at 10:00 a.m.
- The last two weeks of September (week of Sept 17 and Sept 24) playgroups on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday will be at The Stewart Public School (Annex). On Wednesdays playgroup will be at the Perth & District Union Public Library.
- Playgroups on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday will be at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre
- Playgroups on Wednesday will be at Lower Reach Park (Kinsmen Building)
- There is no playgroup at Trinity United Church
- Playgroups in Smiths Falls the last week of September (Sept 24 to Sept 28) will be suspended at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre to allow for the move to our new location (4 Ross Street). We will still have the group at Lower Reach during this week.
We are moving!
We are in our final stages preparing for the big move to the new location at St. Francis school, 4 Ross Street, Smiths Falls. In September we will be boxing up items to move and will begin the re-location process. The last week of September programming will be suspended at the 91 Cornelia Court office site to move the office into the new location.
We plan to be ready to go at the 4 Ross Street site on Monday, October 1. Check the CROW website (www.crowlanark.com) and our facebook pages for more details about accessing our office and playroom at the new location.
Please be patient with us, moving is a disruptive process. We’re lucky to have a brand-new space with the big, bright and welcoming playroom. 91 Cornelia Court has been a great home since 2002 and now we look forward to the next phase and the possibilities that brings…
- Smiths Falls EarlyON Playgroup cancelled on Monday, September 24, 2018 at Cornelia Court due to our move.
- Smiths Falls EarlyON Playgroup cancelled on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at Cornelia Court due to our move, please join us at the Montague playgroup at Rosedale Hall.
- Smiths Falls EarlyON Playgroup cancelled on Thursday, September 27, 2018 at Cornelia Court due to our move.
- Smiths Falls EarlyON Playgroup cancelled on Friday, September 28, 2018 at Cornelia Court
CROW Board Member Needed!
CROW is looking for one new person to join our Board of Directors. For more information on our Board and to fill out the application, please click here.
Licensed Home Child Care Notice
We have a high demand for child care and need Home Child Care Providers in Almonte, Lanark Village, Perth, Montague and surrounding areas. Click here to fill out our online application or call 613-283-0095 for more information.
EarlyON Child and Family Centre
As we transition from Ontario Early Years Centre (OEYC) to EarlyON Child and Family Centre:
Beginning January 1, 2018 Ontario Early Years Centre transitioned to Early ON Child and Family Centre. (For more information on the new EarlyON initiative follow this link http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/childcare/FamilyPrograms.html )
Through this transition we have updated our website. You will see a new look but the format remains the same. We have also added a new EarlyON Facebook page which we would ask you to follow. We are still maintaining our CROW Facebook page as we did not want to lose any of our followers.
We have also changed our greeting when you telephone the Centre. When you call you will hear “Good morning/good afternoon Children’s Resources on Wheels” but do not be alarmed when you hear “Thank you for calling EarlyON Child and Family Centre”. You did not call the wrong number, it is still us!
EarlyON is a combination of four programs – Ontario Early Years Centre; Parenting and Family Literacy Centres; Child Care Resource Centres; and Better Beginnings, Better Futures. These programs were reorganized so you can get the same services at any EarlyON Child and Family Centres in Ontario, and also find programs tailored to your community.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this transition.