Children’s Resources on Wheels is a non-profit organization with two main streams of service:
EarlyON Child and Family Centre and Licensed Home Child Care.
August Playgroup Schedule
We are offering more playgroups this summer! Check out a playgroup time and location in your area at this link.
Kindergarten Readiness Program (KRP)
The Kindergarten Readiness Program (KRP) is a great way to prepare your preschooler for their first day of school. If you have a child entering JK this fall your child and you can attend any of our KRP’s throughout July and August. The KRP program will help foster self-help skills, social skills, communication and self-regulation. You can also get tips for what you can do to support your child’s transition to Kindergarten. Registration is required for this program! Limited Space (12 children/12 adults per session) Adults must stay with their child. To register online visit here
We will be closed on September 3, for Labour Day.
Fall playgroups start on September 4, 2018. There are changes to our playgroup locations this year, so please check out the calendar for our schedule. Some changes include the following:
- Almonte playgroups will be held on Monday and Tuesday at Naismith Memorial Public School and Wednesday and Thursday at R. Tait McKenzie Public School.
- On Monday and Wednesday playgroups in Carleton Place will be at the Carleton Place Arena.
- Also, on Monday an additional playgroup has been added to the Carleton Place area which will be held at Caldwell Street Public School
- On Tuesday and Thursday playgroups in Carleton Place will be at Caldwell Street Public School.
- All Playgroup locations are still trying to be determined. We do know that on Wednesdays playgroup will be at the Perth & District Union Library. Playgroup will start at 9 a.m. and then from 9:30 to 10:00 a.m. Story time will take place and then playgroup resumes at 10:00 a.m.
- More information coming soon!
- Playgroups on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday will be at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre
- Playgroups on Wednesday will be at Lower Reach Park (Kinsmen Building)
- There is no playgroup at Trinity United Church
- Playgroups in Smiths Falls the last week of September (Sept 24 to Sept 28) will be suspended at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre to allow for the move to our new location (4 Ross Street). We will still have the group at Lower Reach during this week.
We are moving!
CROW will be moving to the new St. Francis de Sales Catholic School location this fall. Our CROW/EarlyON
Child & Family Centre, Licensed Home Child Care program offices and newly expanded playroom will be offered
at the new location. The mandate for the EarlyON program, which replaced Ontario Early Years Centre
January 1, 2018 is to serve children from birth to 6 years with play and inquiry-based programs and support
for parents and caregivers. We look forward to serving you in our new space.
Information will be shared with you in September regarding our moving date.
CROW Board Member Needed!
CROW is looking for one new person to join our Board of Directors. For more information on our Board and to fill out the application, please click here.
Licensed Home Child Care Notice
We have a high demand for child care and need Home Child Care Providers in Almonte, Lanark Village, Perth, Montague and surrounding areas. Click here to fill out our online application or call 613-283-0095 for more information.
EarlyON Child and Family Centre
As we transition from Ontario Early Years Centre (OEYC) to EarlyON Child and Family Centre:
Beginning January 1, 2018 Ontario Early Years Centre transitioned to Early ON Child and Family Centre. (For more information on the new EarlyON initiative follow this link http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/childcare/FamilyPrograms.html )
Through this transition we have updated our website. You will see a new look but the format remains the same. We have also added a new EarlyON Facebook page which we would ask you to follow. We are still maintaining our CROW Facebook page as we did not want to lose any of our followers.
We have also changed our greeting when you telephone the Centre. When you call you will hear “Good morning/good afternoon Children’s Resources on Wheels” but do not be alarmed when you hear “Thank you for calling EarlyON Child and Family Centre”. You did not call the wrong number, it is still us!
EarlyON is a combination of four programs – Ontario Early Years Centre; Parenting and Family Literacy Centres; Child Care Resource Centres; and Better Beginnings, Better Futures. These programs were reorganized so you can get the same services at any EarlyON Child and Family Centres in Ontario, and also find programs tailored to your community.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this transition.